2018 is shaping up to be a huge year for Jaime and I, but 2017 is still hanging in there. Here’s what’s going on these days:
- Numbers first: 30K! Dead Shot: A Diane Pembrook Thriller is rolling along like the unstoppable juggernaut it is.
- As for Crossed Out: An Ana Lode Thriller, I have been working on the developmental draft as well as flagging annoying typos. I am committed to producing a quality product, and a quality product you shall have, soon. As of this update, all edits have been tagged, and the final draft should be completed by December 26, 2017. I want it up for pre-order by January 2, 2018.
- As for the overall Ana Lode/Diane Pembrook literary universe (though technically, everything I write is “in-universe”, just set at different times, in different places), I have been pondering the oft-given advice to offer a “permafree” book to entice people to sign up for my forthcoming mailing list. I get the “why” of it, and maybe it really is a golden strategy. I sent out a Tweetstorm about it on Sunday, and I appreciate the responses I received.
I will let slip that I have a novella loosely plotted out (with a KILLER cover mock-up) to serve as a future permafree offering. I think it’s a fair compromise, and as with anything else I do, I intend to release a quality product despite being earmarked as permafree. I’m even spending money on the cover image, which shows how serious I am. The real trick is going to be folding it into my already punishing writing schedule.
(Instant update, 11:17pm Sunday night pre-publication) I just put down the first 1500 words, and have the formatted draft started. Take a moment to consider what is being unleashed upon the unsuspecting public, and consider how much encouragement you’d like to give me. Especially if you write in my genre.
- I saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi this past Friday. I won’t spoil it. I will say that I am still processing the experience and might have more to say about it later.
- Our 2017 Disney World annual passes are effectively blacked out for the remainder of 2017. Maybe I’ll get caught up on my video posting backlog before January 1.
Have an enjoyable week!